Thursday 23 August 2007

Animated Yoga? how does that work?

The yoga class on Thursday was actually quite enchanting. (ok, it was last Thursday but as I promised to update my cafe as often I could, I would still like to share the rather intriguing experience) The teacher was very animated and would guide the class through by visualising each postures using animal features, i.e. imagine there were two elephant ears when getting into Janu Sirsasana C etc, which was really fun and there were constant laughter throughout the class. It was just refreshing and it also showed how distinctively different each teacher could be. I guess this goes back to my previous comments on emphasising the importance of finding the right style with the right teacher for each individuals.

Work is still manic but I feel more dogmatic and can be more firm when it comes to awkward cases. Sadly I haven't had a chance to go to the gym nor yoga classes this week as I have been indundated with meetings. I so look forward to the bank holiday weekend as I am in serious need of some decent sleep! I shall also hopefully get some time to update my cafe!!

2 comments:

  1. animated huh...

    tat's fun. where did you find him? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a HER la. well, she is another replacement teacher while my usual teacher is in Mysore, India at the moment learning from THE gurus!

    ReplyDelete