Thursday 13 September 2012

Back to yoga mat, back to reality

Rayray is a week away turning 10 months old and I thought I ought to get my acts together or at least try to see if I could still do it. I went back to Bodhi Yoga  as I thoroughly enjoyed my prenatal yoga classes there and thought the teachers there were very helpful and insightful. I went for the led ashtanga class as I had not practiced in two years and just in case I couldn't make it through the entire class.

I liked Eason, today's instructor as he was very patient and explained different postures in great detail. Although it resulted that we only managed to Parivritta Parshvakonasana, it meant I could pace myself as I already sweated buckets after Surya Namaskara B!!!!!


We finished off the class by doing Urdhva Dhanurasana (The Bridge) and I struggled to stay in the posture for 5 breathes! Though I know I need to listen to my body as I could feel my back was obviously not flexible as I used to but practice makes perfect! I just wish mum could babysit more often so I could start practicing again!

I really enjoyed my 75 minutes on the mat today and namaste everyone!!!



4 comments:

  1. u go gal!!! :)

    namaste:::

    i hv not been on the mat for almost 2 years too. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. try!!! or is yoga not ur cup of tea anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice, it feels great to be with yourself again eh? No doubt you wll stay a hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. more like a sweaty mama Joyce! Still have so much fat to shed!

    ReplyDelete