Tuesday 8 January 2013

Apsleys - Mao's birthday bash

This year we celebrated Doc's birthday at Apsley's at The Lansborough.

We wore the same coats but in different colours

Love the chandeliers

Simple yet elegant decor

Amuse buche - roast pigeon with parsnip puree - simply delicious

Starter No. 1 - Spaghetti with lime marinated langoustine

Starter No. 2 - Risotto with tuna, smoked aubergine and pickled ginger

Starter No. 3 - Lobster Salad

Starter No.4 - Tempura prawns with red peppers couscous and courgettes

After few glasses of bubbles and food in us, it was pressie time!!!

Baby cashmere jumper

A set of lever corkscrew, spiral and 'primary wine aromas' for a keen wine enthusiast

Spa treatment

Perfume

Last but not least - a limited edition H bangle!

Main courses:

This is what I had - Veal, sage and artichoke puree

Fillet of beef in red wine

Pigeon with crispy polenta, figs and cauliflower

Sea bass in salt crust with saffron potatoes

Dover sole and vegetables

We all enjoyed the food and the service was impeccable but I thought the portion was on the small side and the fact that we had to order some sides as there were none on the menu was a bit unusual. 

We all HAD to have desserts as a result of small portions! lol

Chef's special - lime cheesecake with banana sorbet

Tao's very impressive five arrays milk-based dessert

Orange jelly with bergamot ice cream - it was the best one in my opinion

My Mochaccino Magnum - a bit of a let-down to be honest

Birthday cake! I have to say, it was soooo tasty!!!

My kind of heaven

I should have stuck to my first instinct i.e. cheese board!

All in all, friendly staff, impeccable service, impressive ambiance, lovely food bar a few desserts. I really enjoyed that day and I hope my dearest Mao did too!!!

3 comments:

  1. seriously!!! how can u rmb the dishes NAME ahh.. o did u take pic of the menu again hehe..

    after i eat, i forgotten what its called..all i know is ..its lamb or chicken or chocolate something. hahaha..

    such fun u guys have!!! happy new year!!!

    and yes... wat is that magnum icecream doing on ur plate hahaha...+ some cut berries. ahh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes darling, I sometimes take photos of the menus or just refer back to their websites! hahaha

    I honestly thought it was a 'chef's special' magnum but it tasted like a shop-bought and NOTHING exciting at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i shld do tat...ie. chef's special magnum haha or chef's special cornetto hehe.. add some fruits on the side haha..

    ReplyDelete