Monday 23 July 2007

Breath Again

For some peculiar reasons I have not been able to get into ujjayi breathe three classes in a row now and I am starting to get a little bit concerned. I can see that I am progressing with some postures but not being able to utilise ujjayi breathe does worry me a little as it’s one of the fundamental elements. I can’t help but think whether it is to do with the fact that Mr B counts every breathe so slow that I can’t regulate mine?! Okay, I know I had BEEN having rather biased views on the new teacher and the reason I am using past tense is I have realised that there is no point to dwell on the negative sides of things and life is really too short. I have learnt just to get on with it and let things go. Therefore I have been doing what I would do in the class and I can sense that he kind of grasped the hint not from me but from few of us and so he tries not to skip postures but still talks a bit too much and therefore we don’t get to do as much postures as we should. But hey ho at least that’s an improvement. Having said that, he actually is quite good when it comes to explaining new postures and he is one patient man. (well, I have to try to discover some positive things about him, don’t I?)

Anyway, I can now grab hold of my wrists instead of my fingers when I do Marichyasana A, B and C and although I can’t take my wrists when I am in Janu Sirsasana A, B, C but I can interlock my fingers. I can definitely see some progress when I practice, slowly but I know I will get there one day.

नमस्ते

4 comments:

  1. like my guru say: think happy thoughts. and like sandy say: breathe...
    and like i always say: u are good! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i do try la...breath is defintiely THE way forward! I take deep breaths throughout the day

    ReplyDelete
  3. so how;s ur weekend and yoga? hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hon...I feel really ashamed as I haven't done any yoga for two weeks now! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    BUT BUT I shall try my best to resume my usual routine this week! and also will try to update my blog!

    ReplyDelete