Monday 8 October 2007

Oink Oink

Um hum, that's right! You are looking at a PIG! But it's not just any other pig; the ordinary stereotype. I saw this pig while I was in Taipei two weeks ago and I was stunned by the skin colour! If you look closer, its body has a large black swath while the rest of the skin is pink with two beautiful grey bands.

Since then, I've tried to research the name/breed of this pig but the best answer I have come up with so far is that it is called miniature pet pig. Please do let me know if anyone knows THE real name of it.
Apparently, this type of pig doesn't just have the 'look' but it smells like milk! As it is the year of pig, miniature pet pigs have became one of the most popular pets to have in the Far East. Most of us know that pigs are actually very hygienic creatures, according to its owner, the pig would stand by the door all day long waiting for the owner to get off work and it would never ever rest on the streets. As a matter of fact, the pig has it's very own blanket and that's the only place where the pig would rest and sleep on! So it seems that pigs are not just clean but very smart too! According to research, pigs are smarter than dogs. They are, in fact, among the smartest of all mammals!
Oh and did you know that pigs do not actually have functional sweat glads, therefore the way they cool themselves is by using water or mud during hot weather. Hence the old saying of 'sweat like a pig' isn't exactly accurate!

Hey, isn't it wonderful that we learn something new everyday?!

3 comments:

  1. really... it's one hella of a pig i gotta say...male or female do u know?

    so now pigs are smart? and now u say pigs dun sweat? gosh! piggies are getting a bad rep man!!! u must go out and big up for all those piggies man! wonder who is doing their PR hehe? or PigR hehe?

    ps...the pig color is so ur cafe color huh..heheh!!!!

    i tell you, if u show me a gold pig i will be shock. hahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovie, just because part of the pig's skin is pink doesn't mean it's so my cafe's colour, ok? or are you suggesting that I might want to use it as part of my new header? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, I don't think so...you know I don't do animals even those 'adorable hairless' pigs! The thought of me having physical contacts with any kind of animals just don't really work I am afraid! hahaha

    ReplyDelete