Monday 26 September 2011

Yes, I am..


Pregnant!

I was supposed to have my first antenatal check-up at 11th week on 17th May but the midwife called in sick so it was postponed and me being me, I got really irritated and anyway long story short, the NHS didn't fail to disappoint as no one knew when I'd have my check-up. I decided to go private and chose Fetal Medical Centre on Harley Street and I have to say I was so glad I did. Not only the staff were friendly and efficient, the environment was so lovely and civilised. Joce and I sat on the sofa reading Vogue and Elle while waiting.

I had my blood test at 2.15pm and had my ultrasound scan at 2.35pm. The room was tranquil, completely different experience compared to the scan I had in China. The doctor was really friendly and patient and Joce sat next to me. She asked some basic questions and put some gel on my tummy and the gel was WARM as opposed to the  freezing cold one I got in China. THEN I met our baby the first time! It was a truly amazing experience. Up until now, apart from feeling queasy and the constant fatigue, I sometimes wonder if the baby was ok as I don't feel anything. But the baby was moving, wriggling and even posing when I had the scan! Baby was stretching legs and raising arms, it was so fascinating and I couldn't get enough of it! I had to fight back my tears as I had tons of questions for the doc.

I heard the heartbeat and it was just sooo amazing. My eyes could not move from the monitor as for the first time, I KNEW for sure I have a little live growing inside me. I know it sounds silly but seeing the baby made everything real!

The baby is now 7.06cm, still tiny but I can see the head, belly, little hands, arms, nose, legs and feet! According to the doctor, I am 13 weeks and 2 days and the due date is 27 November! The test results came back with everything being normal so I was relieved as I kept having nightmares the previous night worrying about the baby. Though deep down I think it was more to do how NHS has let me down.

The test costs £180 and it was worth every penny because I feel relieved and happy. I got three copies of the report, scan photos and a copy of DVD of the scan!

so yes my friends, I am pregnant and we are both over the moon. I have been wanting to share the good news for ages but due to the tradition, I had to wait for 3 months! So here is the news and I am sooooo soooo happy!

26/05/2011

1 comment:

  1. I still feel so excited for you reading this blog! UK does sound like it gives much better medical care although quite pricey but Rayray is worth it!

    ReplyDelete