Wednesday 15 February 2012

2 months and 17 days

My sausagy Rayray

Raychi had her two months jabs and she weighs a whopping 6.5kgs - upper 97 percentile and she is not even on formula! I remember back in confinement centre, nurses said that exclusively breastfed babies do tend to put on weight steadily and when they do they pile on properly! Haha Raychi is 57cm long which places her at 50 percentile though we thought she was longer than that since all her 0-3 months clothes are too tight and short for her and they meant to fit for babies up to 60cm.

Rayray didn't cry as much as we expected since she had to have two jabs. She calmed down as soon as we cuddled her so it was a relief for me as I was about to burst into tears myself!

Other than that, I have finally cracked how to get her to go down for her 9am nap and the secret is I need to get up at 7am! So hard luck for me...boohoo She would make a fuss for a minute or two but closes her eyes soon after that. However, her lunchtime nap between 12noon-2pm hasn't been going terribly well as she is going through the so-called REM. Apparently babies at this stage take on a more adult sleep cycle as they drift from light sleep into a dream-like sleep, then back into a deep sleep and in the case of Rayray, she wakes up fully. Also, in the evening, she has been going to bed at 8pm opposed to the 7pm... She needs a lot of comforting, cuddling and also seems to have an insatiable appetite. Though I know she is going through another growth spurt but I still try to stick to the routine.


2 comments: