Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Third Month

Rayray turns three months old today and oh my, where did the time go? I really cannot believe it's been three months!

Rayray now knows mummy is her favourite as she wouldn't let daddy or the helper to hold her when she throws a strop or when she is sleepy, which is a huge blow for T and I. I need and want rests sometimes but Raychi wouldn't stop crying till she is in my arms. Therefore I have decided not to pick her up as soon as she wakes up or cries as she needs to learn not to associate crying = mummy.

Other than that, she has officially outgrown all her 0-3 months clothes and even some of the 3-6 months outfit seem rather snug! Oh dear oh dear....

Eating - Feeds 6 times a day but I still can't get her to feed on the bottle but I shall keep trying

Sleeping - She now can stay awake for longer stretches of play during the day. She wakes up at around 2/3am after her late night feed then sleeps through till 6/7am.

Development -
  • She now laughs out loud and the sound is probably one of the cutest sounds ever. Rayray is generally in a good mood every morning after feeding her so I would spend 20 mins or so playing and talking to her. It is so rewarding to see her responding by saying things back i.e. 'ah-goo' and 'ummmmm', 'ahhhhhhh', ;oooooo'. 
  • She can hold her head steady when upright
Raychi on her tummy + her funky punky hair


And just for the record, I didn't specially set and cut her hair like this! It is al natural!!!
  • When I hold her upright on my lap, she could bear some weight on legs as if she was trying to stand up!
  • She has discovered her little hands by licking and chewing them and she does it rather often. I would take her hands away whenever I see her doing that but sometimes she would wake up in the morning and sucking them happily in her moses basket till I hear her own squeals! I tried giving her dummy the first time over the weekend but she struggled to suck it so I decided not to do the dummy bit yet. Instead, I have given her Sophie the Giraffe! She would stare at it for a few seconds and lick it when I offer it to her as she can't hold objects yet!
  • I read to her in the afternoon after her 2.30pm feed and she would look at the books with me! Generally Rayray would lie on her play mat happily up to an hour before making a fuss. Now we have got her a bouncy chair so she can see us walking around the house rather than just lying there. 
  • She has been suffering from colic pretty badly lately and it really breaks my heart to see her crying and all I could do is to massage her to ease off the pain..... I thought breastfed babies shouldn't suffer from colic, well, at least not as much as bottle fed babies but it doesn't seem to be the case here.
Raychi and Sophie the Giraffe

Rayray's progress:

3 comments:

  1. she doesnt need volumizer or hairspray ahhh. hahaha..

    cute cute.

    u need to get her a hairband or clip or something or even tie in a middle. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha true. I did try with clips but her hair is too soft and the clips won't stay... As with hair band, well her hair is so spiky now that she doesn't look ladaaaaay enough! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ray ray is a rocker chic !!! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete