Saturday 10 December 2011

My Postpartum Meals

I have never been a big fan of Chinese herb infused food so I was rather scpetical prior to coming to confinement centre. However, it is not as bad as I remembered or maybe I just accepted the fact that it is the Chinese tradition and it's not as if I would be able to eat any other food.

So from the photographs, you get the drift of soup comes with every meal (and yes I mean every single meal including breakfast as its either congee or noodles on broth) and the logic is that mums get as much liquid as possible in order to have enough breast milk. Between three meals, we also get three desserts. In the morning, it is generally soya milk or walnut milk or sesame milk and Chinese style sweet soup in the afternoon and after dinner. When I first struggled to produce milk, I ate everything (the portions here are huge!) and guzzling down all the herbal tea as well as desserts. I'm glad to say it paid off and I now seem to have sufficient amount of milk if not more than enough!

So if anyone says they don't produce enough boobie milk, my advice would be drink plenty of liquid and I mean tons! I must drink 2000 litre of herbal tea and two large bowls of soup at lunch and dinner plus fruits and desserts! The downside is that I don't dare to weigh myself! Well, I did two weeks ago and I weighed around 56/57 kgs which I thought wasn't bad considering I weighed 65kg before giving birth. Though I'm not sure about now since I eat and drink so much but I'll have to worry about it after checking out of confinement centre as the priority now is to get enough milk supply and I get enough nutritions! Haha .... So I tell myself!

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. look yummyyy! so nice, isnt it tat...everyday u get served with such healthy stufffffs. hmm..

    dun u want to go pee pee after? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is ok la and like you said, at least it's healthy! And yes I do go to the loo rather often! hahaha

    ReplyDelete