Friday 30 December 2011

The First Month


This is obviously a long due post as Raychi will be 6 weeks old in three days! And Yes baby is named Raychi 睿棋 and we think we are not going to bother with an English name. Raychi is beautiful and easy enough to pronounce plus it will be an unique name than Sophie (the one we were going for) or Lily-Rose (we googled and only found one girl with this name and she is Johnny Depp's daughter! I used to say that I'd name my daughter Lily-Rose as I love the sound of if but when baby arrived, I kind of had gone off it and I am not sure if she is a Lily-Rose!)

Anyway, We came back home from confinement centre on the 19th and didn't realise just how easy life was there even though we have a helper at home. The first few days were rather chaotic to say the least as baby was also starting to get used to a different environment and so didn't go by the routine! Oh yes, we decided long time ago that we were going to give her a military routine! hahaha Many friend have recommended Gina Ford's 'The Contended Little Baby Book' which advocates a daily routine for both the baby and the parents so it is the routine we are following.

A proud daddy

Height - 56cm, 85th upper percentile

Weight - 4.4kg, 85th upper percentile.  I was so worried about her not putting on weight during the second week as she stayed at the same weight for a week whereas all other babies were piling on weight! Nursed did say that breastfed babies tend to 'take longer' to put on weight but once they do, they really pile on!

Eating - Feeds 6 times a day as per CLB routine.

Sleeping - Raychi has started to become more alert and wakeful even though she still loves her sleep and we still spend a lot of time keeping her awake or waking her up so that she gets enough feed. We tried to have her on her stomach from week 2 and she can lift her head around 45- 60 degrees, sometimes even 90 degrees!

Development
  • She responds well to sounds as I accidentally dropped iPad next to her and it startled her that she started crying..... :(  I felt sooooo guilty  
  • She has started cooing and it is the cutest sound ever!!!
  • She still enjoys bathing and it is fun to bathe her even though I haven't really done it on my own apart from holding her little hands...
  • She suffered badly from colic and I really blame myself for this. My boobies were so sore when I came home I decide to bottle feed her for a few days. Even though she guzzled down the milk in 10 minutes flat every time and we made sure we burped her, her tummy was really tight and doctor has asked me to breastfeed her directly so I started breastfeeding her directly again. It took around 5 days for Raychi to get better as we massaged her whenever we can and had her on her stomach when she first wakes up from her naps etc. We also started to let her swim as it relieves colic too and boy does she like being in the water! It was also very entertaining to watch!

3 comments:

  1. ooo baby has a name FINALLY!!! haha..

    baby rui-chi. so cute!!! smack lightly on her buttock hehe... (looking at the last pic)

    as for u feeling so guilty afterwards:.. is it cos u dropped the ipad hahahah..

    show baby hao rui-chi...my pics ahh.. haha.. so she knows who i am!!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha, true. though now I understand why it is called 'Child Pose' as that's exactly how babies lie on their front.
    I do tell her about different uncles in brunei and London and I am sure baby Rui-Chi would love to meet you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait and hope to meet her too. :)

    wats the general consensus? look like papa or look more like mama?

    ReplyDelete