Sunday 20 May 2012

BabyBjörn v.s. Stokke

I couldn't believe it was time to look for a high chair for Rayray as she still seems so 'little', ok maybe not her size but her age! 

Anyway, we looked at various reviews and decided to go for the BabyBjörn one in white. I love the design, and the fact that it's easy to clean (top tip - NO padding or whatsoever as babies are messy eaters and paddings are just a nightmare to clean!) and yet compact enough to store when not in use. Rayray liked the highchair and was absolutely fascinated by it when she first got in there! I think the height of the chair makes her view very different and she seems quite conformatble in it! The downside is and this is the major drawback - It's not spacious enough between the seat and the table. Ok, if truth to be told, Rayray is a rather big baby so it seems rather snug for her..... 


We then opted for Stokke. We wanted to go for the Tripp Trapp in the first place but preferred the look of BabyBjörn.
Tripp Trapp is more sturdy and not to mention the longevity of the chair. Both highchairs have a footrest which I think makes babies more comfortable.


Therefore the verdict is IF you have a chubby baby like me, I would strongly recommend Stokke's Tripp Trapp.

6 comments:

  1. so early for baby chair? i tot she's still on BM? solid so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we decided to wean her earlier as she is one big baby and she needs fuels! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry! How big is your baby? Are you saying Baby Bjorn chair is unusable already? My baby is 9kg at 5 months and we are thinking of buying baby bjorn chair but I am concerned about the longevity of use.. How long did you use it before it became t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dendre, Rayray was 5.5 months when we got her the high chair. She weighed around 9kgs around that age too so maybe it's worth to see if your baby fits baby bjorn? We retuned the baby bjorn one and got tripp trapp instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry! Thank you for your reply! So you returned the chair right away because it was already too snugly or it was OK but would be too small when she gets bigger for example 2 years old? I am thinking of getting baby bjorn chair for now and then selling it and buying Stokke instead. I would buy Stokke right away but it doesnt have a tray and I think for the first 1 year a tray is a must... The problem is I cant physically examine Baby Bjorn chair.. Its not available in the stores, I can only buy it online...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I returned the chair straight away as it was already too snug for Rayray. Personally I didn't worry about high chair that didn't come with a tray as I bought a mat that goes onto the table and I put food on it or you could get a tray that with suction cups. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete