Sunday 13 May 2012

London baby, we are here!

I was so worried about the flight from Shanghai to London and also how to adjust Rayray's jet lag especially I just trained her to self sooth at 7pm bedtime. I read a lot about how to help baby overcome the jet lag and I decided to go cold turkey! YES, I am one mad mama and believe it or not, babies do adapt well and I needn't worry at all!

Rayray behaved during the flight but kept being woken up by a 1 year old boy next to us... (he screamed a lot and whenever Rayray started to doze off, the boy would start to scream....) As soon as we boarded the plane, we changed our watch to UK time and try to follow the routine as if we were in London. Though she didn't get much sleep because of the little boy and it was 8.30pm when we got home. We changed her and then put her to bed. She woke up at 4am for the first two days and wouldn't go back to sleep till 6.30am. So I let her sleep till 7.30am. She was so sleepy and tired at 5pm the first few days as it was midnight in Taiwan and it was really heartbreaking to see her trying so hard to stay awake. Though she slept through the night from the fourth day so I was very happy with the result.

It took T two days to put her new cot up, wardrobes and changing station assembled so she slept with us the first week! It probably helped her adjusting the time too (so we kept telling ourselves! haha) as she was always surround by us and with T's snore during the night, I think she found it rather soothing!

We are happy to be back and Rayray is adapting to London well!
errrr. look at my cleavage! 

In her upright buggy


2 comments:

  1. omg...the fruit doesnt fall far from the trees ahh... hahaha...those boobies in the making already ahhahaa...

    cute cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha i think it's because she is a chubby baby ba!

    ReplyDelete