Tuesday 20 February 2007

Auto Marque

I am no automotive expert but somehow I just can’t get my head around with Lexus. I know they are reliable and relatively cost-efficient compared with their German/U.S rivals, but I simply can’t seem to apportion the infinitesimal love I have for cars to Lexus. So when daddy mentioned that someone is getting the LS 460, I was rather perplexed by the ‘new’ design because to me ,it comes across as an attempt to mimic the lines of the BMW 7 series rather than the dubbed ‘’L-Finesse’’. I know I can’t judge a book by its cover since it’s somewhat a showcase for the latest in automotive technology, from the radar-based cruise control system to the advanced parking guidance system which helps parallel-park the car (I must admit this is great news for me..who have tremendous difficulties in parking OCCASIONALLY!) – the driver controls the speed and it does the steering! It even uses body heat sensors to maintain cabin temperature. For now, I think I will just stay focused on the things I know or rather, I am interested in/love (like the pair of those dashing babies above) so that I don’t get chastised by those car gurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment