Tuesday 13 February 2007

Eight


Went to Eight again yesterday to celebrate a colleague’s upcoming birthday. I felt more at easeas I almost felt like an intruder last time. I was the only female there, well, apart from the two that work there. It is, after all, a ‘boys’ club. It is located at the end of a tiny blind alley way and you come up with a black door that looks like a…….black door which people would probably assume there were rubbish bins in there.

Anyway, as a private members club, it is apparently a good one….not that I would know since I’d never been to any before Eight. There are three Brunwick pool tables, a 60 inch plasma at one end, a punch bag (? Yes I did wonder too), a cinema, a dance floor and a couple of poker and card tables.

The service really is second to none but then I suppose you get what you pay for.

There were two other female present when I was there last night so perhaps that was one of the reasons that I didn’t feel too weird or it could be the red wine I had.

All in all, interesting experience but a rather bizarre scene to see people playing pool in such ‘oppulent’ surroundings!

1 comment:

  1. ooo...an all boy's private club hmm. wonder anyone doing anything naughty in the broom cupboard or wc hahaha!
    someone hv been exploring all this hidden place hmm...nice nice. so wish my job bring me to such venue.

    ReplyDelete