Saturday 21 April 2007

Taiwan II - Sun Moon Lake

Ah, the famous Sum Moon Lake. Is it what I expected? No, not at all, in fact, 100 times better! I was absolutely overwhelmed with the scenery that made me appreciate Taiwan more. It might be a small island, but there is so much to do and see. Sun Moon Lake is the greatest natural lake in Taiwan and it is composed of diamond-shaped Sun Lake and curve-shaped Moon Lake. The lake is formed by the accumulated water in the broken basin between Yu Mountain and Ali Mountain streams.

We took a boat tour around the lake as well as to the nearby islands to see the legend of the Thao tribe, one of the aboriginal tribes in Taiwan. Surrounded by green mountains, clear water, happy people, I was contented after months’ anticipation.

The beauty of the Sun Moon Lake is rested upon the mountains circling the lake; peaks rise one upon another and range upon range of hills; the light of waves and shadow of mists, in my eye, a true picturesque place to see.

The five of posing for a 'picture perfect'!

Winding down the evening with shabu-shabu.
As usual, I fall alseep early and missed all the fun the guys had...playing the old cards-and-drinking game.
I just remember that it was a peaceful night and I sure slept like a baby.

3 comments:

  1. so nice...

    mr jeffrey have not change a bit huh...maybe more muscular or fit hmm
    and u missy... is tat a new blue bag again..hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually i can't wait to read your next entry, why don't you tell your friends about your blog? i mean the your friends in taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luvie, no it's not a new bag. I got it in HK two years ago and i'm still loving it!

    missonu girl, I will once I finsihed blogging all about this trip so that they can see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete