Thursday 26 April 2007

Yoga Rugs

I sweated buckets in today’s yoga class and so it was the first time I found the mat slippery.

Just did a bit of research and thought I might actually give cotton mats/rugs a try since it’s actually the traditional India way to practice yoga. They are recommended especially for ashtanga yoga well, any sweaty practice really as they absorb sweat. Rod luvie, you might want to invest in one of them.

I am looking forward to the weekend as we are having our very first company BBQ!

नमस्ते

3 comments:

  1. been thinking of getting one to go over my mat cos our i do sweat quite a bit and sometimes... dripping down.

    so normally put a small towel over where my palms are, while some ppl in the class put a big towel over it..

    yes...S, bear in mind, i think those rugs might be thin so ur knees or parts of yr body might feel something if you stay in one pose too long as no padding bah haha.

    but if you find a good absorbing towel or mat, let me know...cos my yoga mat (manduka) also have those towel for yoga use. just not sure yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah...BBQ...we hv been thinking of one too but no one to Bar and no one to Q. how????

    BBQ = summer is here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you would put a yoga rug over your usual mat. I've seen guys having a towel over their arms/legs but then you still want your mat not being slippery, right?

    I know, people in Taiwan don't tend to BBQ in summer because it's too hot. I suppose you still can do it on the balcony/garden and eat it in the air conditioned living room ma?! would it work?

    ReplyDelete