Wednesday 30 May 2007

Breathless

Despite the incident on Monday (somehow I managed to injure myself by practicing yoga at home and it was a silly one really – I thought I was ready for it: standing up from backbend and of course I wasn’t and my whole body just collapsed onto the floor and now my right shoulder is painful as hell) and also the dreadful weather today, I was in the yoga class the usual time. In fact, I was 10 minutes early and had time to do some stretching.

I never had problems using Ujjayi breathe but today I just couldn’t seem to get into the flow. Although I was able to practice as usual and actually did Chaturanga ‘properly’ all the way through (which is amazing since I’d never been able to do it), plus the shoulder pain didn’t appear to be as problematic as I anticipated, I simply couldn’t use Ujjayi breathe. My breathes were short and irregular; I didn’t sweat at all and I did not feel the ‘heat’ within.

Um, don’t really know what happened there but I shall keep up the progress I made today and not try to be ‘clever’ again in case I hurt my self again!

नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment