Tuesday 29 May 2007

Pig-Out Session

Here comes the second May bank holiday - another pig-out session! The weekend was filled with work, food, and more food. We wanted to go to Bath but unfortunately the weather did not permit, it turned cold, windy and continuous irritating rains! On Saturday, we went to one of our favourite restaurants in Knightsbridge for some grubs. We only managed to take a snap of the delicious humus as we couldn’t wait to get stuck in.

We don’t call ourselves pigs for no reasons! After lunch, we went straight to the Fifth Floor restaurant to have afternoon tea. I know it doesn’t look particularly appetising, but it wasn't really that bad. At least I wolfed down a whole scone on my own; J had some finger sandwiches and a half scone only because she didn't have lunch with us. T was bewildered by my appetite; he only had a fruit tart, but minus the tart, just the fruits!

I slept very well over the weekend, which is something I longed for a while. I think I had almost 12 hours of sleep on Sunday!! I haven’t had a good sleep for quite some times and I have tried all different ways to sleep all the way through without waking up in the middle of the night but haven’t had any success. Therefore I was in a much stable and better mood this weekend - having had my beauty sleep eventually!
While there were still some works to do and I dread to think the morning meeting on Tuesday as there are just so much to do in the coming weeks.
I enjoyed and really appreciate this bank holiday. The three of us had a laugh together; ate like pigs collectively and I had some girly chats with dear sis.

The next bank holiday is in August and I am starting to count the days!

3 comments:

  1. the humus looks yummmm....

    i think u can recreate the latter one urself ya...for ur next weekend. baked some scones, spread like an eagle, oops i meant spread some sandwiches haha..
    sure good nite sleep one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sis tried your B&B pudding recipe and she and her flatmates finish the whole thing in 0 seconds! so I am getting her to make me one too! you so are THE pudding guru!

    ReplyDelete
  3. true o not.

    dun call me guru lah..shy lah hahahahahhaha

    just exchanging ideas la

    ReplyDelete