Thursday 31 May 2007

I Did It!!!

Yes, I did it today! I managed to stand up from my backbend! Woohoo!

I rocked my body when I did my fifth backbend and with Iiling’s help, I found the ‘momentum’ and stood up! She was very pleased with my progress and I was absolutely delighted!

Also, when I do both Utkatasana and Virabatrasana A now, I can have my arms up straight. I don’t know if it’s just me or it’s quite normal, I found it hard to keep my arms straight until I discovered a trick – if I regulate my breathe when I jump in from Adho Mukha Svanasana, then it is a lot easier to get into the posture.

Anyway, I am definitely one happy bird today and I of course made sure everyone in the office was aware of my achievement as they are convinced all I do at yoga classes is lying on the mat, and relax!!!

नमस्ते

6 comments:

  1. weelll done...

    u are my inspiration man... need to practice more but at home lazy bah

    do u practice with tao at home ka? teach him and do partner yoga: fun ya

    ps...which mat u using at home? do u bringthem ard or hv one in the office and one at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. with Tao, no way! I am trying hard to convert him but he just wouldn't do it!
    I use the normal mat at home la, nothing fancy and no I don't bring it to work or the class as I don't really like carrying it in the train! However, I have been thinking to buy a mat sack (don't know if that's how you call them?)so that I can just leave one in the office and bring it to the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when u say backbend? u meant the wheel ka??? if so,.,., so steady u...

    ReplyDelete
  4. not too sure what you mean by wheel, but the backbend or Urdhva Dhanurasana I do is on http://ashtangayoga.info/asana-vinyasa/primary-series/31a-Urdhva-Dhanurasana.html

    straight arms with paralleled legs and yes stand up from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bloody hell...tat;s the wheel and u can stand up from that...goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, that’s why I was ecstatic when I did it! It takes a lot of practice and you should always get your teacher to help you on the first few times. Um...I started doing ashtanga yoga last August and I'd say that's how long it takes before I was ready for it!
    You soooo have to start doing it!

    ReplyDelete