Thursday 17 May 2007

Drishti

Before we started the class today, Iiling asked if we knew how many Drishti (point of gaze) there were and everyone was throwing different answers: 2, 3 (which is the one I thought), 15, 20 etc….

And the answer is NINE!

-Tip of the nose
-Third Eye
-Navel
-Thumb
-Hand
-Big Toe
-Right
-Left
-Up to the Sky

It is all very well and good to practice Ashtanga Yoga but we tend to forget about other equally important techniques and they are the true vital techniques to transform this demanding physical exercise into a spiritual practice and they are Ujjayi breath, Bandha and Drishti. At the moment, I find it difficult to remember the Drishti with different poses so this definitely will be the next stage to progress.

Apart from that, I am now trying to get my Chaturanga right. I still find it a bit of a mission to do each Chaturanga ‘properly’ during primary series, and I am working hard on that without doubt.

नमस्ते

2 comments:

  1. add one more: the cutie across the room or next to moi haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I still remember the one Ashtanga yoga class we went in Greenwich!!!

    ReplyDelete