Sunday 13 May 2007

Happy Birthday Mr H!

well well well, It's T's birthday today and it's also his last twenty something birthday! Though I don't think guys are that hung up about turning the big three-0 especially he has an exam coming up in less than a month. To be precise, there are 19 days left to cram in all the notes. Therefore we had a simple birthday celebration.

We had lunch at the Spread Eagle in Greenwich and it was surprisingly pleasant. Mr S has suggested the place a few times,where he goes for special occasions with the missus and therefore we decided to give it a try.

Tao's starter - tender steak with rocket salad and mustard dressing

My starter - scallop consommé

T's main - Rump of lamb with Swiss chard gratin, crispy potato and French beans

My pan fried salmon with vegetables barley risotto

I am not a salmon fan but I was feeling bold today and I am glad that I ordered it! It really was delicious. It had to be the best salmon I ever had - it was tender, moist, full of flavour and simply just melts in your mouth. The consistency of the barley risotto is also perfect.

We ended the meal with cheese platter - we opted for the savoury version since there is a chocolate cake waiting for us at home!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAO!
please excuse the photos which are clearly taken in a rush: in fact we were so hungry and couldn't wait to dive in, we only realised it after having a few bites!

2 comments:

  1. happy happy birthday yo!!!

    i'm sure tao had a fantastic bday lah... u dun need anything or anyone else except ur shea li. rite!

    send my wishes to mr tao...

    as spidey grandma said: big man comes 'big' responsibilities' haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yo, just as I said ma, we had a quiet one as he has alot on his mind at the moment - exams, exams and more exams...
    poor boy..he spent yesterday afternoon and evening...STUDYING! and I am not joking!

    ReplyDelete