Monday 14 May 2007

A Good Start of the Week

I wasn’t feeling particularly energetic today but I was really surprised with myself in today’s yoga class. Not only I can do Vinyasa In well, I could also do Utpluthee for full 10 breathes, which is something I hadn’t been able to do for a while.

I think one of the reasons is that I actually used my bandha (it’s amazing the significant difference it makes and as I am still learning about my body and trialling various techniques it's quite exciting to discover what works for my body since everyone is different & it really is important to listen to your body and not stretch it too far) which I know we should engage it at all time when practicing but it really is a matter of ‘getting it’ or actually ‘realise’ that we’ve got to utilise the abdominal muscles.

As with Vinyasa In, I made good use with my upper arms’ muscles (probably from the two body pump classes I’ve been going and I think it helped!) and also bandha to jump in and I now could land fully on the top of my feet, not just on the edges. Hopefully I will be able to sustain it and progress.

One thing I still struggle is Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana. I have long and tight hamstrings and I just can’t get my legs straight at all. My left side is slightly more flexible but it just seems that I can see progresses with all other postures and not this one, which is rather frustrating. However, I am certainly not giving up, I will try to get there one day!

नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment