Tuesday 22 May 2007

Mad Moroccan Lamb


I'd never been fond of lamb even when I used to eat meat and so I never even tempted to cook it. However, we bought one of Jamie Oliver’s cook books, Cook with Jamie Oliver last week and thought we’d be adventurous to endeavour new dishes.

I decided to give the ‘Mad Moroccan Lamb’ a go. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought especially I’d never cook lamb EVER! According to the ‘tester’ - it was divine! (yes, he might be lying but he did finish the WHOLE dish, which was quite extraordinary considering the amount) The mister says the meat really melts in your mouth and the intense flavour was just delicious. The whole cooking process could be a bit of a nuisance particularly the time required was around three hours.

Although I didn't get to taste the dish but the smell of this wintry-feel combination of lamb, couscous and the herbs was incredible.

The reason why I used to enjoy cooking is because I love my food and I take pleasure in the course of action; making food from scratch. Nowadays, I feel almost more at ease when I cook. I can totally relax (well, almost) and I seem to be able to let go of whatever I have on my mind. Talking about stress, eh?

Happy cooking, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. head down to mrs oliver haha! (*bow)

    well done...cooking meat despite being a pescetarian.

    i do miss your cooking and this is honest esp hot pot, dumplings, tan ping.

    ps. wat is with every one i know now beginning to cook or bake huh...and yes they are all ladies and yes..getting or wanting to get hitched.

    so it's not only the clock ticking for those spoilt brat but kitchen calling hahah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely no Mrs Oliver! I'd prefer to be Mrs Ramsay! hahaha! (I am actually reading Mr Ramsay's biography at the moment!) anyway, it's fun to cook and you know me, I always cook! so it's not like all of a sudden that I decided to be this domestic godness!
    having said that, I am thinking to try to make some cakes this weekend! my first attemp, with my dear sister's help + supervision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. which cake? and may i ask ala ??? (ur hubby ka??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no la, I might start with the easier ones, i.e cup cakes, sponge cakes...you just stay put till I ask you all the tips and receipts!

    ReplyDelete